Computer Systems Engineering
(RVOE) as set forth by Ministerial Agreement No. 15018, published in the Official Journal of the Federation on November 29, 1976.
In Computer Systems Engineering you learn to design innovative technology-based solutions. You develop skills for implementing, operating and administering information system projects and technological platforms. You acquire knowledge in two fundamental areas: Computer Science and Software Engineering, which in turn include database design and development, human-machine interface, software components, network architecture, and hardware interfaces.
If you're interested in science, technology and computers, this program is for you.
ALIGNED WITH ITESO
• Graduates practice their profession guided by ethics, humanism and social responsibility.
• Graduates will be capable of starting up and incubating new technology-based businesses that promote the socioeconomic development of the region.
ALIGNED WITH DESI
• Graduates will be capable of taking part in research and development projects and/or of adapting information technologies.
• Graduates will be capable of updating their knowledge by taking certification and diploma courses, and studying for a graduate degree.
• Graduates will be capable of planning, leading and coordinating projects by following best practices in accordance with the industry where they work.
ALIGNED WITH PROGRAM
• Graduates will be capable of planning, analyzing, evaluating, designing, improving, optimizing and administering software systems.
• Graduates will assume leadership or coordination roles on software development teams.
After graduating from Computer Systems Engineering you can detect needs and offer innovative solutions for software development and systems integration that meet international standards and contribute value; you can do this from your own business or in local, national and international organizations. You can apply your creativity and contribute to national and international industries developing automotive and aeronautic components, video games, apps for mobile devices, and robots. You can join or direct technological and scientific research projects, or form new professionals by teaching.
1. Identify, formulate and solve complex engineering problems by applying the basic principles of basic science, engineering and other relevant fields.
2. Apply engineering design to come up with solutions that meet specific requirements in the context of the program's discipline and have social relevance (public health, safety, well-being, and global, cultural, social, environmental and economic factors).
3. Communicate effectively with different audiences both orally and in writing.
4. Recognize professional responsibilities and make well-grounded judgments based on legal and ethical principles.
5. Work effectively on teams, showing leadership, collaborative and inclusive work, following proper work/project methodology, and assuming and fulfilling the role of leader or assigned member.
6. Develop and carry out proper experimentation; analyze and interpret data and use engineering judgment to reach conclusions.
7. Acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using proper learning strategies.
8. Apply software engineering to come up with a solution.
Projects of Professional Application
The Projects of Professional Application are projects of entail with the society, proposed by the ITESO and chords to the study plan of your academic program, across which you collaborate with other students and can apply your knowledge or competitions partner - professional in a actual scene with external addressees to the university, already be communities or institutions, to raise solutions that improve the quality of life of others and reaffirm the social commitment of your profession.