Data Science and Engineering
(RVOE) as set forth by Ministerial Agreement No. 15018, published in the Official Journal of the Federation on November 29, 1976.
In this program you study different methods for identifying and interpreting relevant information, in order to solve problems in such fields as business, economics, productive processes, environmental science, social issues, research, etc. You learn how to build mathematical models that represent social, financial, and ecological phenomena, among others, in order to solve problems. You also interpret results obtained from information models and contrast them with reality in order to make decisions and forecast future situations.
If you like analyzing information, computer science, and statistics, and you're interested in developing your skills to find solutions to complex problems through data analysis.
If you have a critical, inquiring mindset and you're eager to learn mathematics, exact sciences and information technologies, then this program is for you.
You can work professionally in a wide variety of fields:
- In environmental protection, for instance, you can estimate pollution trends.
- In the energy sector, you can generate proposals for energy optimization.
- In the Social Sciences and Humanities, you can apply data science to understand social phenomena with the aim of improving people's quality of life.
- In the manufacturing industry, you can conduct analytical work in the areas of quality and logistics.
- In business analytics, you can develop forecasts of operational results for different companies.
- In marketing, you can forecast sales and identify consumer behaviors.
Projects of Professional Application (PAP)
The Projects of Professional Application are projects of entail with the society, proposed by the ITESO and chords to the study plan of your academic program, across which you collaborate with other students and can apply your knowledge or competitions partner - professional in a actual scene with external addressees to the university, already be communities or institutions, to raise solutions that improve the quality of life of others and reaffirm the social commitment of your profession.